An East Syrian manuscript from the eighteenth century (c. 1790). Contains texts relating to the liturgy and doctrines of the East Syrian church and other matters.
This manuscript is contained within the The Mingana Collection of Middle Eastern Manuscripts, held at the Department of Special Collections, University of Birmingham. This collection was founded in Birmingham between 1925 and 1929 by Edward Cadbury, the Chairman of Council of Woodbrooke College and a founding member of the Selly Oak Colleges, who sponsored and financed the Collection, and housed it in the Selly Oak Colleges Library. He named the Collection after its collector, Alphonse Mingana. The Arabic manuscripts are the third largest collection in the UK. The content is mostly religious, mainly Islamic and early Near Eastern Christian.
|Date :||1790 (Completion)|
|This item is available as part of the Virtual Manuscript Room - http://vmr.bham.ac.uk/ From 8th July 2009, click on 'Link to external site' above to see a high-resolution version.|
|Department :||Library Services, Special Collections, ITSEE|
|Source :||Virtual Manuscript Room|
|Subjects : ||BR Christianity|
BP Islam. Bahaism. Theosophy, etc
|Funders :||University of Birmingham, JISC|
|ID Code :||147|
|Submitted :||05 Jul 2009 21:26|
|Last Modified :||09 Jul 2011 16:00|