Nicklin, Phyllis (1968) Aston Church, Aston Hall grounds, Aston, Birmingham. [Image] (Unpublished)
Available under License .
Photograph of Aston Church taken in 1968 from the Aston Hall grounds, Aston Hall Road. The lower part of the church dates from the fifteenth century, the spire from 1776 and the rest from 1879-90. Salford flats (built c.1956) in background.
|Type of Work:||Image|
|School/Faculty:||Faculties (to 1997) > Faculty of Education|
|Department:||Department of Extramural Studies|
Scanned by the Chrysalis project in 2004, from original 35mm slides held at the University of Birmingham.
See the location now via Google Maps (52.5064,-1.88454)
|Series/Collection Name:||Birmingham's Buildings and Urban Topography|
|Keywords:||Birmingham, Aston, churches, parks, flats, Twentieth century Birmingham|
|Subjects:||H Social Sciences > HC Economic History and Conditions|
H Social Sciences > HN Social history and conditions. Social problems. Social reform
D History General and Old World > DA Great Britain
|Funders:||Museums, Libraries and Archives (MLA) West Midlands|
|Copyright Status:||Copyright and database rights in this material belong to MLA West Midlands and the University of Birmingham. The photographic image is available to download and redistribute for non-commercial purposes.|
|Copyright Holders:||University of Birmingham|
|Remote Supplementary Files:|
Repository Staff Only: item control page