Nicklin, Phyllis (1963) Old Jewellery Works, Newtown, Birmingham. [Image] (Unpublished)
Available under License .
Photograph of W. O. Lewis, badge manufacturers.This old jewellery works was established in 1832 in Howard Street, near St. George's Church. The photograph was taken in mid 1963.
|Type of Work:||Image|
|School/Faculty:||Faculties (to 1997) > Faculty of Education|
|Department:||Department of Extramural Studies|
Scanned by the Chrysalis project in 2004, from original 35mm slides held at the University of Birmingham.
|Date:||14 May 1963|
See the location now via Google Maps (52.483,-1.89359)
|Series/Collection Name:||Birmingham's Buildings and Urban Topography|
|Keywords:||Birmingham, Newtown, factories, jewellery, badges, badge manufacturers, street lamps, cars, benches, advertisements, Twentieth century Birmingham|
|Subjects:||H Social Sciences > HC Economic History and Conditions|
H Social Sciences > HN Social history and conditions. Social problems. Social reform
D History General and Old World > DA Great Britain
|Funders:||Museums, Libraries and Archives (MLA) West Midlands|
|Copyright Status:||Copyright and database rights in this material belong to MLA West Midlands and the University of Birmingham. The photographic image is available to download and redistribute for non-commercial purposes.|
|Copyright Holders:||University of Birmingham|
|Remote Supplementary Files:|
Repository Staff Only: item control page