Nicklin, Phyllis (1968) The Drovers' Arms, Bradford Street/Moat Row, Deritend, Birmingham. [Image] (Unpublished)
Available under License .
Photograph of the Drovers' Arms at the corner between Bradford Street, and Moat Row. On the right, the meat market and abattoir, built in c. 1895-7. The photograph, showing a late 18th century suburb, begun in c. 1767, was taken in late 1968.
|Type of Work:||Image|
|School/Faculty:||Faculties (to 1997) > Faculty of Education|
|Department:||Department of Extramural Studies|
Scanned by the Chrysalis project in 2004, from original 35mm slides held at the University of Birmingham.
|Date:||25 September 1968|
See the location now via Google Maps (52.4736,-1.88658)
|Series/Collection Name:||Birmingham's Buildings and Urban Topography|
|Keywords:||Birmingham, Deritend, pubs, industries, cars, meat markets, abattoirs, slaughter houses, Nineteenth century Birmingham|
|Subjects:||H Social Sciences > HC Economic History and Conditions|
H Social Sciences > HN Social history and conditions. Social problems. Social reform
D History General and Old World > DA Great Britain
|Funders:||Museums, Libraries and Archives (MLA) West Midlands|
|Copyright Status:||Copyright and database rights in this material belong to MLA West Midlands and the University of Birmingham. The photographic image is available to download and redistribute for non-commercial purposes.|
|Copyright Holders:||University of Birmingham|
|Remote Supplementary Files:|
Repository Staff Only: item control page