Nicklin, Phyllis (1968) Bradford Street towards town, Deritend, Birmingham. [Image] (Unpublished)
Available under License .
Photograph of Bradford Street in the Rea Valley, Deritend. It was part of the late 18th century planned suburbs, begun in c. 1767, and part of the inner ring industrial belt. The viewpoint is the corner between Warner St and Bradford St, towards the city centre. On the left, "The Shepherd's Rest" pub. The photograph was taken in late 1968.
|Type of Work:||Image|
|School/Faculty:||Faculties (to 1997) > Faculty of Education|
|Department:||Department of Extramural Studies|
Scanned by the Chrysalis project in 2004, from original 35mm slides held at the University of Birmingham.
See the location now via Google Maps (52.4713,-1.88059)
|Series/Collection Name:||Birmingham's Buildings and Urban Topography|
|Keywords:||Birmingham, Deritend, zebra crossings, roads, streets, street lamps, lorries, pubs, Twentieth century Birmingham|
|Subjects:||H Social Sciences > HC Economic History and Conditions|
H Social Sciences > HN Social history and conditions. Social problems. Social reform
D History General and Old World > DA Great Britain
|Funders:||Museums, Libraries and Archives (MLA) West Midlands|
|Copyright Status:||Copyright and database rights in this material belong to MLA West Midlands and the University of Birmingham. The photographic image is available to download and redistribute for non-commercial purposes.|
|Copyright Holders:||University of Birmingham|
|Remote Supplementary Files:|
Repository Staff Only: item control page