ePapers Repository

Moat Lane, Birmingham

Nicklin, Phyllis (1954) Moat Lane, Birmingham. [Image] (Unpublished)


Image (JPEG)
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike .

bb0347.jpg
1442Kb

Abstract

Photograph of Moat Lane, leading to St. Martin's church. St. Martins is the parish church of Birmingham. The first church was probably Norman, but was rebuilt in the 13th century. As it stands today, most of the church dates from the late 19th century. In 2003, the exterior was cleaned and refurbished, in conjunction with the redevelopment of the adjacent Bullring area. The photograph was taken in early 1954.

Type of Work:Image
School/Faculty:Faculties (to 1997) > Faculty of Education
Department:Department of Extramural Studies
Additional Information:

Scanned by the Chrysalis project in 2004, from original 35mm slides held at the University of Birmingham.

Location:
See the location now via Google Maps (52.4771,-1.8931)
Projects:Project Chrysalis
Series/Collection Name:Birmingham's Buildings and Urban Topography
Keywords:Birmingham, houses, churches, Twentieth century Birmingham
Subjects:H Social Sciences > HC Economic History and Conditions
H Social Sciences > HN Social history and conditions. Social problems. Social reform
D History General and Old World > DA Great Britain
Funders:Museums, Libraries and Archives (MLA) West Midlands
Copyright Status:Copyright and database rights in this material belong to MLA West Midlands and the University of Birmingham. The photographic image is available to download and redistribute for non-commercial purposes.
Copyright Holders:University of Birmingham
Remote Supplementary Files:
- Original, high-quality TIFF Image (requires password to access) Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike
- MD5 checksum file for TIFF image (requires password to access)
ID Code:518

Export Reference As : ASCII + BibTeX + Dublin Core + EndNote + HTML + METS + MODS + OpenURL Object + Reference Manager + Refer + RefWorks
Share this item :
QR Code for this page

Repository Staff Only: item control page