Nicklin, Phyllis (1968) Warwick Canal, Tyseley Industrial Area, Birmingham. [Image] (Unpublished)
Available under License .
Photograph of the Warwick Canal in the Tyseley Industrial Area, built c.1795. In c.1929 the Warwick Canal became part of the Grand Union Canal, which was formed from an amalgamation of many of the different canal companies at that time. The view is east from King's Road Bridge. The factory depicted is Tyseley Metals (non-ferrous metals). The photograph was taken in late 1968.
|Type of Work:||Image|
|School/Faculty:||Faculties (to 1997) > Faculty of Education|
|Department:||Department of Extramural Studies|
Scanned by the Chrysalis project in 2004, from original 35mm slides held at the University of Birmingham.
See the location now via Google Maps (52.4602,-1.83712)
|Series/Collection Name:||Birmingham's Buildings and Urban Topography|
|Keywords:||Birmingham, Tyseley, canals, industries, factories, paths, chimneys, chimney-stacks, Grand Union Canal, Twentieth century Birmingham|
|Subjects:||H Social Sciences > HC Economic History and Conditions|
H Social Sciences > HN Social history and conditions. Social problems. Social reform
D History General and Old World > DA Great Britain
|Funders:||Museums, Libraries and Archives (MLA) West Midlands|
|Copyright Status:||Copyright and database rights in this material belong to MLA West Midlands and the University of Birmingham. The photographic image is available to download and redistribute for non-commercial purposes.|
|Copyright Holders:||University of Birmingham|
|Remote Supplementary Files:|
Repository Staff Only: item control page