Nicklin, Phyllis (1968) Tame Valley Canal, Salford, Birmingham. [Image] (Unpublished)
Available under License .
Photograph of the Tame Valley Canal, built in 1844, viewed from Salford Bridge, in the area between Salford, Witton and Aston. The houses are in Leamington Road. In the background the brass foundry, a derelict factory, can be seen, and works on the M1/M6 link. Barges with some coal for GEC from Measham can be seen. The photograph was taken in early 1968.
|Type of Work:||Image|
|School/Faculty:||Faculties (to 1997) > Faculty of Education|
|Department:||Department of Extramural Studies|
Scanned by the Chrysalis project in 2004, from original 35mm slides held at the University of Birmingham.
|Date:||14 March 1968|
See the location now via Google Maps (52.5071,-1.8751)
|Series/Collection Name:||Birmingham's Buildings and Urban Topography|
|Keywords:||Birmingham, Tyseley, canals, industries, factories, terraced houses, barges, narrow boats, laundry, washing, clothes, Nineteenth century Birmingham|
|Subjects:||H Social Sciences > HC Economic History and Conditions|
H Social Sciences > HN Social history and conditions. Social problems. Social reform
D History General and Old World > DA Great Britain
|Funders:||Museums, Libraries and Archives (MLA) West Midlands|
|Copyright Status:||Copyright and database rights in this material belong to MLA West Midlands and the University of Birmingham. The photographic image is available to download and redistribute for non-commercial purposes.|
|Copyright Holders:||University of Birmingham|
|Remote Supplementary Files:|
Repository Staff Only: item control page