Nicklin, Phyllis (1958) Bell Holloway, Northfield, Birmingham. [Image] (Unpublished)
Available under License .
Photograph of Bell Holloway, in Northfield, taken in mid 1958. This was possibly the old way from Northfield to Dudley (via Bartley). The 'Bell and Bluebell Inn' at the junction of Bell Lane and Bell Holloway was a coaching station for travellers until a new 'Bell Inn' was built on the Bristol Road in 1803.
|Type of Work:||Image|
|School/Faculty:||Faculties (to 1997) > Faculty of Education|
|Department:||Department of Extramural Studies|
Scanned by the Chrysalis project in 2004, from original 35mm slides held at the University of Birmingham.
|Date:||09 July 1958|
See the location now via Google Maps (52.4177,-1.97024)
|Series/Collection Name:||Birmingham's Buildings and Urban Topography|
|Keywords:||Birmingham, Northfield, roads, streets, lanes, street lamps, Twentieth century Birmingham|
|Subjects:||H Social Sciences > HC Economic History and Conditions|
H Social Sciences > HN Social history and conditions. Social problems. Social reform
D History General and Old World > DA Great Britain
|Funders:||Museums, Libraries and Archives (MLA) West Midlands|
|Copyright Status:||Copyright and database rights in this material belong to MLA West Midlands and the University of Birmingham. The photographic image is available to download and redistribute for non-commercial purposes.|
|Copyright Holders:||University of Birmingham|
|Remote Supplementary Files:|
Repository Staff Only: item control page